Video puts your brand centre-stage
(Posted on 19/02/18)
Video is arguably the most important element of content marketing today. Pretty much regardless of what you are selling, from 360 degree videos to live streaming, video campaigns are growing in popularity. In an increasingly crowded and noisy marketplace, it’s ever more difficult to get attention. Video is considered to be more memorable and popular than any other type of content. It can also be a great way to connect and engage with your audience.
- By 2020, over 80% of consumer internet traffic will be made up of online video
- 300 hours of video content are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter
- Snapchat users watch more than 2 billion videos every day
- 500 million people are watching videos on Facebook every day
Eight simple rules
- The types of video you can create are many and varied. Tutorial videos and product demos are very popular.
- Tailor your video appropriately to each different social media channel – what works for one, won’t work for all.
- Videos up to two minutes long get the most engagement – so keep it short and sweet.
- A huge amount of video is viewed without sound. Make sure the content is equally interesting with or without it. Adding captions is helpful.
- Grab attention with a great thumbnail.
- Optimise your video for search – just as you would website copy.
- Remember that autoplay turns many viewers off!
- As always, optimise your content with a call to action – such as Like, Share, Comment or Subscribe.
Please contact the Zebra team to see how we can advise you on your marketing strategy.